Sunday, April 16, 2017

Plea From Widow and son

Dear Tim Inwood,
I write this email with tears in my eyes and a heavy heart. Although you don't know me personally, you were somewhat acquainted with my husband. Recently, I received copies of emails you apparently forwarded to Paul Hunter. It breaks my heart to know the pain these emails are causing an old friend. It seems my late husband's musings are being used to hurt someone he cared about.
I think it's safe to say, John never intended for his correspondence with you to be used in such a manner. John would have been dismayed. Unfortunately, he is not alive to defend his words, offer explanations, or provide context for his actions
Since John is not here to ask, as his widow, I will plead on his behalf. Please stop using his words to hurt Paul.
 You should know, when John found out he was dying of brain cancer, he asked me to contact those he cared for most. Paul was one of the handful of people he wanted to spend time with. Over the years, John never lost his hope that he and Paul would rekindle their relationship, despite having very different political viewpoints.
So I appeal to your sense of morality and hope you will honor John's memory. Whatever beef you have with Paul, please leave my poor dead husband out of it. You are not just hurting Paul, you are hurting me, too.
Sincerely yours,
Pamela Holdren

Paul,
I am saddened to hear about your health.  You and I may not have been very close personally, but you were a dear friend of my father.  John often let politics get the better of him socially, but he always knew who mattered to him.  I am sorry that he did not always express this well and sometimes went overboard with his conservatism.  I doubt that he thought anything would come of what he said, but it is hurtful nonetheless.  John talked about you often, and while the word "commie" did come up in jest, he always referred to you as a friend.  Please don't let your final memories of your friendship to be of betrayal.  He can be promiscuous with his words, especially when discussing politics, but he would never have intentionally betrayed or hurt you.
With that being said, I am sorry to hear of your illness and hope you find peace.  My mother will be going to see you tomorrow.  My family still loves you, and I know John does too. 
Kind regards,


David Holdren

No comments:

Post a Comment