Monday, October 26, 2015

What's Going On With City Property?


A couple of months ago I was advised by a neighbor of the city owned former Textron property on Nelson Ave. that a local trucking company was parking a lot of truck there. I noted that city council had not passed a resolution approving an agreement. I asked the Mayor's office if Sewell's trucking had a contract agreement to rent the property. I was informed at that time that an agreement was in the works and that I would receive a copy of the agreement after it was signed. After waiting more than a month I again asked the public records official if a contract actually existed she replied that it had. At the same time the Law Director advised that, if there was a signed agreement, he had not seen it. The major concern is that without an agreement the city could be liable for any accident involving the tenant occurring on the property.
I feel fairly confidant that a city councilman's hire by Sewell at about the same time is not a factor in this mystery.

Paul Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment